The INDIANA JONES movies obtain a 4K Extremely HD set
Raiders of the Lost Ark introduced Indiana Jones (and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones) in June 1981. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of this momentous debut, Paramount is releasing a series of all four Indiana Jones films in 4K Ultra HD for the first time. They call it the Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection. That means seeing the sets, action, and Harrison Ford in high quality imagery. Specifically, these are revised versions of all Indiana Jones films that are certainly worthy of a museum – if a museum means your collection of home media.
Indiana Jones 4K set
The films, which are 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision and HDR-10 with Dolby Atmos audio, were remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives. Paramount states that “extensive visual effects have been applied to ensure a flawless, high-quality image”. They determined that Indiana Jones film director Steven Spielberg approved all of the visual work.
They also amplified the sound. Sound designer Ben Burtt oversaw the remixing of all four films at Skywalker Sound to create the Dolby Atmos soundtracks. They used original sound elements to stay true to the creative intent of each film.
Covers all four Indiana Jones films in one new set
In addition to the discs, the Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection includes a booklet, original theatrical trailers, digital copies, and a Blu-ray with bonus content released seven hours previously.
On the set with Raiders of the Lost Ark
– From the jungle to the desert
– From adventure to legend
– The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary)
– The making of Raiders of the Lost Ark
– The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
– The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
– The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)
Behind the scenes
– The Indiana Jones stunts
– The sound of Indiana Jones
– The music of Indiana Jones
– The light and magic of Indiana Jones
– Raiders: The Melting Face!
– Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional popups)
– Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional popups)
– Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute
– Indy’s friends and enemies
– Iconic Props (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
– The Effects of Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
– Post-Production Adventure (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
The story goes on
We would have liked new bonus content, but we’ll be satisfied with sharpened images and sound. We believe. The Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection is out on June 8th.
Amy Ratcliffe is the Managing Editor for Nerdist and the author of The Jedi Mind, which is available now. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
The post The INDIANA JONES Movies Get a 4K Ultra HD Set first appeared on Nerdist.