Parking modifications introduced for 2021-22 years at IU Bloomington: IU Information: Indiana College
Now that the return to campus guidelines are available, several changes are being made for the 2021-22 permit renewal cycle to ensure that the needs of employees are met Anna Dragowitsch. The renewal of the permit begins on June 1st and the new approval cycle begins on July 1st.
Here you can see the changes:
- The Hoosier Commuter Club will relocate to only include staff who commit to walking, cycling, or public transportation as the main mode of transport to and from campus. Membership benefits are increased from 10 one-day EM-P permits per year to 24. Twelve permits are issued upon registration, and another dozen will be added in January. Additional one-day EM-P permits can be purchased for $ 10 each.
- EM-V and Motorcycle (sticker only) permit holders will now receive 12 EM-P permits annually for one day, a new option available this year.
- The Emergency Ride Home program now also includes those who purchase an EM-V or motorcycle permit (stickers only). Previously, it was only applicable to those enrolled in the Hoosier Commuter Club and the university’s ridesharing programs.
- University-registered car pools and Vanpool participants now receive 12 one-day EM-P permits annually, compared to 10 before.
- A new daily garage validation will be available for employees who choose not to purchase a permit. You can purchase daily access to parking in one of the five fenced garages on campus: Henderson, Atwater, the upper level of East, Fee Lane, and the new Luddy Center AI garage due to open this fall. Validations are added to your CrimsonCard upon purchase and the card is swiped at the gate for entry and exit. Sales are capped at 10 purchases per month and validation costs $ 5 per day.
- And as a reminder, while there are no changes for employees who acquired a multi-year permit in the 2020-21 cycle, please note that any outstanding citations must be paid for before the permit is automatically renewed.
Have you forgotten which parking permits are available to employees? Here’s a handy primer.
If none of the above options suit you, hourly parking is available at Henderson, Atwater, East, Fee Lane and Luddy Center AI garages. The Luddy Center AI Garage is due to open in the fall semester.
Still not sure if, when or how often you will come to campus? Don’t forget that parking permits can be bought, exchanged, or returned year-round, Turnipseed said.
The office typically sends out a permit the next day after an online order is placed, and staff can print out a temporary permit to use immediately after purchasing.
To receive a refund or stop making payments, the parking permit should be returned in person, by U.S. mail, or by email with a photo of the parking card cut into pieces to the parking operations office – in the Henderson parking garage [email protected].