Indianapolis ranks first in essentially the most burdened metropolis, a brand new ballot reveals – WISH-TV | Indianapolis Information | Indiana climate
by: Dr. Mary Gillis, D.Ed.
Posted: May 19, 2021 / 8:27 PM EST / Updated: May 19, 2021 / 8:31 PM EST
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Indy people are stressed out.
In fact, the city is the most stressed city in the country. This is the result of a survey by Just Great Lawyers.
The researchers surveyed 2,700 people from 25 major cities in the United States, including New York, Seattle, and Houston. The study team asked respondents to indicate their main life stressors. The results showed that the top five sources were money / finance, work, health care expenses, family, and romantic relationships.
When all the factors were combined, Indianapolis ranked first as the most stressed city in the country. The city ranked second for money / finance, fifth for politics, and ninth for work / career.
- NAMI hotline: 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- National hotline for suicide prevention: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Be Healthy Indiana Crisis Helpline: 211
- Crisis text line: Text HOME to 741741
Indiana’s Next Level Recovery Program
- Call 211 for 24/7 help or click here for Connect2Help.
- Call the Indiana Addiction Hotline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit here to chat live with a representative.
- Through a partnership between Indiana 211 and OpenBeds, individuals seeking treatment for a substance use disorder can be instantly connected to available inpatient or inpatient treatment services.
- The Indiana Recovery Network also has extensive resources available.