Indiana experiences 57 new COVID-19 deaths, over 3,600 new constructive instances
57 new COVID-19 deaths were added to the Indiana State Department of Health’s COVID-19 dashboard on Tuesday.
This brings the total number of Hoosier lives lost to the virus since the start of the pandemic to 13,885, according to ISDH.
The State Department of Health’s COVID-19 map shows that some of these new COVID-19 deaths have been identified in our area. ISDH said new deaths had occurred in Counties Warrick, Dubois and Daviess.
Additionally, 3,641 new positive cases of the virus were reported nationwide in Indiana on Tuesday, including a number of new cases in our area:
- Vanderburgh District: 146 new cases
- Warrick County: 37 new cases, 1 new death
- County Knox: 24 new cases
- Gibson County: 23 new cases
- Daviess County: 27 new cases, 1 new death
- County Dubois: 28 new cases, 1 new death
- Posey County: 8th new cases
- County Perry: 8th new cases
- Pike County: 8th new cases
- County Spencer: 13th new cases
The spike in cases reported Tuesday brought the total number of Hoosiers known to have tested positive for COVID-19 to date to 829,010, according to the ISDH.
ISDH COVID-19 Dashboard from Tuesday, 8/24
You can find more information about COVID-19 in Indiana on the ISDH dashboard here.