Greenwood Awards Federal Grants – WISH-TV | Indianapolis Information | Indiana climate
by: Reed Parker, Inside INdiana Business
Posted: May 27, 2021 / 11:31 am EST / Updated: May 27, 2021 / 11:31 am EST
GREENWOOD, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) – The city of Greenwood is distributing more than $ 1 million in funds from the Community Development Block Grant program to local projects and organizations. The city participated in the program in 2019 and Mayor Mark Myers has ordered that the funding be combined with more than $ 500,000 the city has received under the CARES Act.
“We are very proud of this program and want to help local organizations, companies and residents as much as possible to cope with the challenges caused by the global pandemic. The funding will support a number of extraordinary efforts to serve our community. At the start of a new round of applications, we look forward to considering additional programs, ”said Myers.
Organizations / programs that receive funding:
- Bridges Alliance – $ 10,630
- Gleaners Mobile Food Bank – $ 10,000
- Ivy Tech Community College – $ 95,653
- Children in Crisis (KIC-IT) – $ 65,000
- Northeast Park Skate Park – $ 347,250
- Church of Our Lady of Greenwood – $ 30,000
- Saints Francis & Clare of Assisi Roman Catholic Church and School – $ 25,000
- The Social of Greenwood – $ 10,500
- United Way – $ 117,826
- Westwood Elementary School – $ 177,904
According to Myers, the city is currently accepting new applications, which can be requested by clicking here.