FORT WAYNE PARKS BRING BACK PROGRAMS AND FACILITIES IN 2021 – The Waynedale Information
Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation looks forward to a full program of spring and summer activities and events in the city’s parks and facilities. The city’s pools and day camps are expected to be operational, with appropriate safeguards in place, if the COVID-19 pandemic persists. Other programs and events are also customized to maintain all necessary security protocols, including social distancing, masking, and virtual options when possible.
The camps can now be registered. All other summer activities can be registered when the Fun Times summer brochure is published in early May.
In addition to the programs and facilities that will come back online in 2021, the city of Fort Wayne continues to invest in parks & recreation
Department with public funding of $ 3 million slated for 2021. The projects that are scheduled to start or are already running in 2021 include
• ADA improvements in several parks including Foster, Kreager, Lafayette, Lakeside, Bob Arnold Northside, and Weisser Parks
• Roosevelt Boardwalk Repair
• Shoaff Golf warehouse building
• Renewal of the surface (streets parking lots tennis courts basketball courts)
• Lighting improvements: Lakeside, Lions, Swinney & Jennings Center
• Replacement of the botanical conservatory glass
• White playground replacement
• Roof replacement for community centers and Cooper Centers
• Improvements to the interior and exterior of the Kettler pavilion
• Swinney Park – Construction draft for Mechanic Street Bridge
“I would like to thank Mayor Henry, the Fort Wayne City Council, the Board of Park Commissioners, and our many private donors who look forward to another successful year,” said Steve McDaniel, director of parks and recreation. “I would also like to personally thank our fantastic parks and recreation team who have worked hard to bring our community a full spring and summer of safe and fun activities. We can’t wait to see everyone in our parks and facilities this year. “
For more information on 2021 programs and activities, please visit FortWayneParks.org.
Latest posts from The Waynedale News Staff (See everything)