Evansville Hadi Shrine is internet hosting a half-pot fundraiser in June
The COVID pandemic has brought several problems into the lives and plans of all people over the past year, including almost every nonprofit in the Tristate that has had to cancel most, if not all, of their normally personal fundraising drives. This, of course, resulted in most of these organizations struggling to figure out how they were going to make the money they expected. Many have tried running their fundraising drives online through auctions, while others, like the Hadi Shrine in downtown Evansville, are trying out the half-pot concept.
The great success of the West Side Nut Club’s fall tournament over the past two years has certainly inspired other organizations to try out the fundraiser. And why shouldn’t it? The Nut Club version topped the million dollar mark on both occasions.
Tickets to the Shriners Half Pot are on sale on the following three weekends and times:
- Friday, June 4th: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday 5th June: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday 6 June: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday 11 June: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday 12 June: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday 13 June: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 18: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 19: noon – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday June 20th: noon – 8:00 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased at the following locations in Evansville, Jasper, Princeton and Vincennes:
- Morgan Ave. & Green River Rd. Behind Stanton Optical
- Lloyd Expressway & St. Joseph Ave. in the old Mead Johnson parking lot
- North Park Mall next to Burger King
- Hadi Temple in the ticket building of the Hadi Shrine Circus
- 723 Third Ave. in the old K-Mart parking lot
- 2701 W. Broadway St. Mall across from Walmart
- 1502 College Ave. in the parking lot of the Knox County Shrine Club
Tickets are $ 5 each, three for $ 10, 20 for $ 20, or 50 for $ 40. The winning ticket will be drawn on Monday, June 21, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. and published on all social media pages and on the Hadi Shriners website, as well as released for the media. You don’t have to be in the draw to win when your number is called.
As with all half-pot draws, the winner will receive half of the total amount collected after the ticket sale was completed. The Hadi Shrine keeps the other half to fund the various philanthropic programs it offers.
The full list of rules can be found on the Hadi Half-Pot website.