1 useless, 6 developed carbon monoxide poisoning after the Indiana household moved into a brand new residence

LEXINGTON, Ind. (AP) – said a woman died and six other people, including three children, received medical treatment after apparently ill from carbon monoxide fumes in a home in southern .

Police said a gasoline-powered generator was being used in the and a preliminary investigation showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Terri L. Hart, 51, was found dead at home on Wednesday while a 23-year-old and three children aged 6, 4 and three months were rushed to hospitals for treatment. Two other people were treated at the scene about 25 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky.

Scott County Sheriff Jerry Goodin tells WLKY-TV that the residents of the house moved on Tuesday and the house had no electricity service.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comments are closed.